Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
Every year in the month of November, the glorious National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) takes place. Writers world-wide take to whatever medium they can to write 50,000 words in 30 days.
As amazingly fun as it is to be dumped face-first into writing 1,667 words per day for 30 days straight, I thought this year we could try something a little different together. So, from October 1st until October 31st, I would like to invite you to join me in warming up those writing skills. Click below to find out more!
Not only have I named the characters now but I am not letting a Single One be a cishet. None of the vampires or werewolves are binary, and my main character is aro-ace and in a quasiplatonic partnership, so I’m really excited about this tbh???
There’s Aubrey, and she’s a cis girl, 17, aromantic asexual
London, he’s a 50-ish year old (physically 15) demiboy werewolf, panromantic demisexual. He/him pronouns.
Rivietta, 300+ (physically 27-ish), genderfluid vampire who’s biromantic bisexual. She’ll use she/her and he/him pronouns interchangeably
Matt, cis boy, 17, homoromantic homosexual (Aubrey’s qp partner)
Octavius, agender, 300+ (physically 40-ish) year old werewolf, aromantic gynesexual. Xie uses xie/xyr pronouns or ey/eir, I’m not sure yet
Leslie, bigender (female + “something else”), 150-ish (physically 35) year old vampire, androromantic androsexual. Sie/hir pronouns maybe?? Or fae/faer??
This sounds so rad. I wanna read your story! Good luck NaNo-ing!
ey/em/eir pronouns are so cute. im pissed i cant use them because i dont see them and think “hey thats me” and that makes me sad. if you use the ey set of pronouns you probably are a flower child and i admire you.
No but autistic Natasha though, ‘I don’t see how that’s a party?’, has spent so much time working out other people that she’s become an expert at it, stims through fighting and ballet, can adopt other personas so easily because she’s learnt to communicate by mimicking.
Autistic Natasha discussing her autism with Bruce, who is also autistic, and convincing him that it is in no way a weakness.
well of course
Tony, you think allistic people can learn thermonuclear astrophysics in one night? nah son
Steve, out of place, wants to do good but generally comes across as naive
Clint, clearly got hypersensitivity at least in sight, has odd sitting positions and likes hiding in corners
Thor, speaks in odd patterns, overly empathetic (he spinds mjolnir as a stim)
everyone is autistic thank you and goodnight
-maniacal laughter- yes yes yes perfect
- little Natasha learning that stimming and being visibly different are Bad Things. little Natasha throwing herself whole-heartedly into fighting and dancing and to her they are the same thing, really, put to different purposes. little Natasha learning to read people because she HAS to, and then because it’s a science to her and she learns to pick up on everyone’s tiniest tells, little Natasha using echolalia and echopraxia to her advantage and learning to become an entirely different person whenever she needs too
- Clint sent in to kill Natasha and seeing himself in her, and it’s HARD to be an autistic SHIELD agent, not because he isn’t good at what he does but because people don’t think he can be. But SHIELD has always been eccentric, and people stopped being awkward about Clint hiding in high places and dark corners a long time ago and if there’s anywhere Natasha belongs, it’s there.
- Clint teaching Natasha about autism, Natasha leaning about how her brain works and getting even BETTER at all the things she’s good at because she UNDERSTANDS
- Clint and Natasha sparring all the time because the only thing better than stimming is stimming TOGETHER
- Bruce learning, slowly and deliberately, how to keep the Hulk from coming out in reaction to overstimulation and bad smells and bright lights and icky textures
- Bruce having always had ‘a temper,’ because bad sensory things always made him want to break things, but he knew that wasn’t okay and always held it in and got miserable and frustrated; Bruce learning through the Hulk how to deal with that feeling productively, Bruce getting more and more okay with both his own neurology and the Other Guy in his head
- Tony being an asshole because most of the people he learned his social skills from were assholes; Tony being a spoiled rich brat because that’s how rich people act, right? And Pepper is SO PATIENT and she loves him, she really does, and he starts learning from her- how to be polite (though only when he feels like it…), how to show affection towards people he likes in ways that they will understand, and it’s okay when he messes up with Pepper because even though she sometimes gets mad, sometimes walks away, she ALWAYS comes back and it’s a process but they’re learning to meet halfway and understand each other
- Tony forgetting to eat and sleep and shower because he gets so absorbed in all the SCIENCE that he just doesn’t remember that those are even things he ought to do- it’s not that he’s trying to run himself into the ground, it’s just that how can you sleep when there’s so much SCIENCE
- Tony building his bots and Jarvis because he GETS them, and if he makes a mistake with them it’s a technical thing and they won’t get mad and leave him like people do, and even if he doesn’t know exactly how to fix it he knows he CAN, and he likes the bots because they aren’t demanding and don’t need him to make small talk and be polite and they don’t care if he listens to music way to loud (and that’s a stim for him, he likes working with music playing because it keeps his brain from going in quite so many directions at once and lets him focus)
- young Steve not understanding why people are mean, because why would they be? What’s the point? And he gets it, on some levels, because he learns how the world works, but it never stops feeling fundamentally wrong to him.
- Steve adjusting to his new body and it’s DIFFICULT because his senses don’t feel like they used to and the new clothes and his costume aren’t good textures and it takes a while to find things to wear that don’t make his skin crawl
- Steve being both extremely glad and a little annoyed that the serum didn’t change his brain, too, because he doesn’t really WANT to be anything but who he is but there’s always been that little nasty voice in the back of his head that says that the way his brain is wired is wrong… and Steve gradually unlearning that voice and being all the way glad that they left his brain alone
- Thor’s ‘innocence’ that Loki scorns so much being a lot like Steve’s- he understands that there are bad things and bad people but WHY?
- Thor not realizing when his teasing hurts his brother because OF COURSE he loves Loki and he would NEVER be cruel to him
- Thor never quite talking like a Midgardian because all his speech patterns are so engrained, but sometimes he mimics Midgardian movies and things he’s heard people say and everyone thinks it’s cute and funny but eventually the other Avengers understand and start helping him but they also tell him that he doesn’t have to talk different if he doesn’t want to, he can keep his Asgardian phrasings and mix in whatever Midgardian stuff he likes, and they start teaching him words that are really fun to say and they all grin when he manages to use them in conversation
- Natasha in the battle saying the “party” line out of nowhere because somehow, here in the middle of a war, she is surrounded by people she actually, inexplicably trusts, and she doesn’t even realize when she lets her guard down for a second and lets her first automatic thought slip out, and afterwards she’s worried that she messed up and they might think less of her but when they retell the stories she brings it up anyway (may as well “bite the bullet,” and yeah, she knows that expression at least) and they all just LAUGH, and she knows, they’re not laughing AT her, they’re laughing in solidarity and in joy because all of them finally, suddenly belong.
you deserve good things in life omg this is perfect
okay but what about
Autistic Jane Foster throwing herself into astrophysics because science is easier to understand than people
Autistic Jane Foster building all of her own machines and understanding space so well and of course she’s upset when SHIELD takes her stuff because this is everything to her
Autistic Darcy who tries to laugh off the fact that her iPod is gone but needs the music to stim and to calm herself through meltdowns
Autistic Clint who likes small spaces and dark corners because oh my god he can actually focus
autistic avengers <3
"i’m just being the devil’s advocate" did he send you from hell??????? is he paying you for that job or is part of your punishment for being a terrible human being that you gotta do it for free
Page 1 of 117